Health Innovation Centre of Southern Denmark
By being the preferred partner in health innovation, funding as well as cross-sectorial and public-private partnerships, our vision is to develop and deliver innovative solutions that can make a difference in everyday life.
Our purpose is to support the hospitals of the region, social and psychiatric services and assist these in developing and implementing innovative solutions. By doing so we seek to improve work procedure efficiency, create jobs and last but not least, advance and improve the overall patient experience.
We base our work on the concept of open innovation, both when we talk active user participation and corporate collaborations. We do this because we are convinced that this will result in the greatest solutions on an operational level, a greater citizen experience and growth for companies in the Region of Southern Denmark. Furthermore, we are tasked with managing the advancement and implementation of healthcare IT across sectors.
Our strategic foundation is connected to the Region of Southern Denmark’s overall strategy on health innovation, business development strategy and political guidelines. Hospitals and the social and psychiatry sector will usually have their own internal strategies and in general our work is based on these individual guidelines.
Areas of business
We focus our work on five key areas:
1. User-driven design, prototyping and operation procedures
- Identification of needs with great focus on user/citizen needs
- Optimization of interior architectural design and work procedures, visualized through construction of a 1:1 hospital ward at our facility
- Education in Innovation competency, designed for healthcare workers, students etc.
- Development, test and implementation of new technology, such as logistic and automation solutions.
- Supporting IT infrastructure development through projects that focuses on the sharing of data, IT architecture, video and healthcare IT
- Digital collaboration supports the implementation of electronic communication standards throughout the healthcare system in the Region of Southern Denmark
- Cross-sectorial initiatives and projects in telemedicine.
3. CoLab Denmark – where players and innovators within assisted living technology meet. Coordinated and managed by Health Innovation Centre of Southern Denmark
4. Clinical Trials Office Denmark enables companies to collaborate with the region’s hospitals. Health Innovation Centre of Southern Denmark, including CoLab Denmark, functions as the gateway for companies working in medical engineering and assisted living technology
5. Funding – supporting innovative projects.
Health Innovation Centre of Southern Denmark is the innovation division in the Region of Southern Denmark. We are located on Funen, at Forskerparken in Odense and we are structured around our own management and into three units:
• Hospital Design
• Digital Innovation
• Quality & Administration.