Calling on all SME’s in need of product test or validation
We are an EU European Regional Development Fund, BSR programme co-financed project, ProVaHealth, which aims to remove barriers for the slow market uptake of innovations and facilitate market access for small and medium sized companies working within health.
The goal is to establish a trans-national network of Living Labs in the Baltic Sea Region, which can assist in enhancing the competitiveness of the region’s companies by testing of products and services in real life in a trans-national setting at one of our 14 specialized Living Labs focusing on health and welfare products and services.
For that purpose we are seeking 14 SME’s working with health from the Baltic Sea Region who are interested in having their products or services tested in one of our highly specialised LivingLabs. Specifically, we are looking for either SME’s with an idea which needs fine-tuning before being ready for market or SME’s with the ambition to introduce a validated product to a new market in the Baltic Sea Region.
If you are interested
The process starts with you submitting the details of your needs by filling out the fields found here, no later than April 30th.
This information is passed on to the 14 LivingLabs in the project, and the LivingLabs who believe they can address your needs, will send you a proposal for testing. There are a few requirements which will be made clear, but it is entirely up to you if you want to engage in testing based on these proposals, and who to engage with. Get the full list of partner Living Labs.
A few requirements and points of interest
- Testing may occur from October 2018 to December 2019.
- The total value of the test is valued at 5000 EUR which is considered state aid. This may be used as the beginning of more testing outside the project. For participation, you will have to comply with EU de minimis regulation.
- Only 14 SME’s can be included in the project. Of the 14, 5 SME’s will be early stage start-ups (i.e. in the living lab they will do initial validation and fine-tuning of their product/service) and 9 SMEs have validated their product/service in their home country and achieved 1st sales or at least have done a pilot and will validate their entry to other markets.
- Based on the test, a report and analyses will be available with open-access principle, financial data and specific technical aspects will not be made public.
- SME’s commit to the intention of applying 50.000 EUR to “develop, fine-tune and market their products and services” based on this test. There is no timeframe for this commitment.
If you choose to engage in the test we offer
- The chance to receive a co-financed pilot of a product or service in a partner Living Lab.
- To have your company profile published on www.scanbaltbusiness.com
- To have news and information from your company published in the monthly ScanBalt Business Information newsletter (approx. 15.000 subscribers).
We look forward to hearing from you. After submission of specifications, we will be in touch, but if at any time you have any questions, please get in touch!
Jens Dinesen Strandbech
+45 2924 8925